Working @ Gradifi
Everyone at Gradifi is passionate about solving the 1.3 trillion-dollar problem of student loan debt. While we spend our days helping our members get out of debt faster, we make sure things are looking up for our employees, as well. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you can focus on your professional development while achieving company goals.
If you are highly motivated, innovative and know how to take work seriously while still having fun, then you should work at Gradifi!
Perks & Benefits
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Student Loan Paydown Plan™
- College Save Up Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan w/ Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Weekly Team Lunch
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Wellness Benefits
Software EngineerBoston, MA
We’re looking for a solid mid-level full-stack engineer with a focus on front-end technologies. In this position, you will work closely with architects, DevOps, QA, business users and other developers to implement features and resolve technical issues related to our product. You will also build and maintain tools and work on strategic projects. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for learning and will be an active participant in the development community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain code related to our core product.
- Identify and establish expertise in an area of the codebase that provides value to the team—team members are encouraged to specialize and take ownership.
- Collaborate with team members to arrive at processes and standards that adhere to industry best practices.
- Assist with the support of the application.
- Leverage your experience in helping us improve the product.
- Experience with React, Node, Flux / mobx
- 2-5 years of contemporary experience building scale web applications in a managed language — preferably .NET
- Experience working with relational databases like SQL Server and knowledge of NoSQL technologies: e.g. Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, or MongoDB
- Knowledge of Publisher / Subscriber architectures: e.g. NServiceBus or Rebus
- Experience with mobile web development
- Familiarity with MSMQ or RabbitMQ
- Experience with BDD or TDD and familiarity with Moq, NUnit, Mocha, etc.
- Experience (and comfort) with Git
- Developer level operations proficiency — ability to set up a machine, knowledge of networking, familiarity with load balancers, hypervisors, CDNs, etc.
- Comfortable working in an environment that uses programmable infrastructure — preferably PowerShell
- Experience with tooling: WinDBG, Perfmon, SysInternals, Fiddler, Chrome Developer Tools, Reflector, JetBrain’s suite, SQL Profiler, etc.
- Experience working with the Atlassian tools: Jenkins, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.
- Practical knowledge and real world experience building secure applications—e.g. 201 CMR 17.00, ISO 27001, etc.
- Ecommerce experience at scale is a big plus. Knowledge of accounting would also be helpful.
UX DesignerBoston, MA
We're looking for a talented UX Designer who will be responsible for researching, designing and implementing Gradifi’s product vision. You will be a partner to our agile development team, working closely with front-end developers to refine the product, and owning the design process from idea to implementation. You will represent the users' voice when working closely with Product Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively
- Demonstrate visual design ability in low- and high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Work in a developer environment: e.g. be proficient in git, Jira, agile development, etc.
- Implement responsive designs using HTML and CSS that work seamlessly in a cross browser / cross device environment
- Present functional UX prototypes to business stakeholders
- Coordinate and conduct user research to inform design work, and be able to present findings
- Maintain static web assets and front-end style guide
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in user experience design
- Proficient with UX software and prototyping tools (Adobe suite)
- Comfortable working with HTML/CSS, in a cross-browser and responsive environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience coordinating, conducting and synthesizing user research
- Experience working with developers and source control systems
- Visual and interaction design skills
- Portfolio demonstrating experience in crafting usable digital interfaces
Dev/Sec/Ops EngineerBoston, MA
The DevSecOps Engineer works at the intersection of application development, security and operations to automate the build and deployment of our various systems. In this position you will build and maintain tools to ensure our environment and applications meet a number of stringent security standards—namely, ISO 27001:2013 and SSAE 18 SOC 2. Ultimately, we are a looking for an experienced engineer who brings creativity and craftsmanship to the project of building best in-class software. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced consensus driven culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain tools and programs to operate, deploy and monitor our distributed platform.
- Assist the dev team in implementing best practices for software build and deployment.
- Assist with environment setup, automation, and streamlining the standup and scale-out of infrastructure.
- Develop and improve our monitoring and alerting systems.
- Assist with organization wide security considerations.
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications.
- Automate the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on.
- 2 - 5 years of contemporary experience working with Windows Administration in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with SQL Server and NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, or MongoDB.
- 2 - 3 years of strong experience with Ruby and / or PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of programmable infrastructure (aka infrastructure as code).
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Rackspace and/or AWS is a strong plus.)
- Knowledge of best practices for running high scale and availability applications on the cloud.
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience with security best practices is a plus.
- Experience (and comfort) with Git.
- Basic knowledge of C# or Java would be a strong plus.
- Experience packaging and deploying front end code with tools such as Webpack or Browserify is a plus.
Applying for an open position? Feel you could add value to the team?